Story courtesy of the Southeastern Conference
Associated Press Photo
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 220 • Jr. • Meridian, Miss.
• Russell was 19-of-32 for 274 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions in Mississippi State’s 45-14 win over Arkansas.
• He led the Bulldogs on seven scoring drives against the Razorbacks, including six for touchdowns.
• Russell broke the single-season school record for completions (201), yards (2,523) and 200-yard passing games (seven) while extending his single-season reord of 21 passing touchdowns.
• He continues to hold lead in single-season school records for completion percentage and passing yards per game.
• In school’s career record book, Russell tied Wayne Madkin (1998-01) for second in touchdown passes (34).
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-0 • 184 • Jr. • Port Allen, La.
• Hal posted five total tackles (four solos) and interception two passes in Vanderbilt’s 41-18 win over Tennessee.
• Vanderbilt’s pass defense held the Vols to 154 passing yards, which was 180 yards under Tennessee’s league-leading
average of 334.0 yards per game.
• Hal had interception returns of 30 and 36 yards, both deep into Tennessee territory. The Commodore offense converted both “oskies” to quick touchdowns.
• He ranks second in the SEC this season with 13 passes defensed.
• The Commodores captured their fifth straight victory, and fifth win in the SEC, the most by a Vanderbilt squad since 1935.
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
ODELL BECKHAM, JR.
Return Specialist / Wide Receiver
6-0 • 187 • So. • New Orleans, La.
• Beckham returned a punt 89 yards for a fourth quarter touchdown that helped propel LSU to a 41-35 come-from-behind win over Ole Miss.
• The 89-yard punt return came with less than 10 minutes remaining in the contest and with the Tigers trailing, 35-28.
• Beckham finished the game with three punt returns for 109 yards and also caught two passes for 13 yards.
• The punt return for the touchdown brought back memories of Billy Cannon’s legendary fourth-quarter return that defeated Ole Miss in 1959 - same distance and same direction on field.
• He is now fifth in the SEC in punt return average, with 10.3 yards per return.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 305 • Sr. • New Orleans, La.
• Lonergan played all 76 snaps against Ole Miss, despite playing the entire game with an arm injury.
• Lonergan had 10 knockdown blocks while not allowing a sack in the game.
• He helped pave the way for a Tiger offense that racked up 427 total yards (145 rushing, 282 passing).
• LSU had four offensive drives of 60-yards-or-more, converting three for touchdowns.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 301 • Jr. • St. Matthews, S.C.
• Rumph totaled five tackles (four solos) with a sack (-7 yards) and a caused fumble in Kentucky’s 34-3 win against Samford.
• In the second quarter, Rumph recorded a sack and knocked out the football, which Tristian Johnson returned 25 yards for a touchdown.
• The Wildcat defense limited Samford to -2 yards rushing on 27 attempts and recorded five sacks of Bulldog quarterbacks. Samford had 102 total offensive yards for the game.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 200 • Kerrville, Texas
• Manziel completed 14-of-20 passes for 267 yards with three touchdowns and an interception and rushed for 100 yards on 16 carries and two touchdowns in Texas A&M’s 47-28 win over Sam Houston State.
• Manziel became the first SEC player, first freshman and fifth NCAA FBS player to have 3,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards in a season.
• He logged his eighth straight game with 300-or-more total yards, while breaking the school record for total offense in a season (4,161 yards).
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 12
LB C.J. MOSLEY (Alabama) -- Led Alabama with six total tackles with a tackle for loss against Western Carolina.
RB DENNIS JOHNSON (Arkansas) -- Rushed for 88 yards on 15 carries against Mississippi State.
RB TRE MASON (Auburn) -- Rushed for career-high 181 yards and two touchdowns on 12 carries against Alabama A&M.
RB MIKE GILLISLEE (Florida) -- Rushed for 122 yards on 20 carries and a touchdown against Jacksonville State.
QB AARON MURRAY (Georgia) -- Completed 18-of-28 passes for 330 yards and four touchdowns against Georgia Southern.
TB RAYMOND SANDERS (Kentucky) -- Rushed for career-high 123 yards on 15 carries and a touchdown against Samford.
RB JEREMY HILL (LSU) -- Rushed for 77 yards and a career-best three touchdowns against Ole Miss.
QB BO WALLACE (Ole Miss) -- Collected career-high 161 receiving yards and two TDs on six catches against LSU.
C DILLON DAY (Mississippi State) -- Had five knockdown blocks and had 88 percent blocking grade against Arkansas.
QB JAMES FRANKLIN (Missouri) -- Completed 17-of-23 passes for 279 yards with two touchdowns and no intercptions against Syracuse.
TB KENNY MILES (South Carolina) -- Had career highs in carries (27) and yards rushing (127) with a touchdown against Wofford.
RS CORDARRELLE PATTERSON (Tennessee) -- Returned punt 81 yards for a TD against Vanderbilt, accounting for 195 return yards (punt and kickoff).
WR UZOMA NWACHUKWU (Texas A&M) -- Had four catches for 160 yards including 89-yard touchdown catch against Sam Houston State.
WR JORDAN MATTHEWS (Vanderbilt) -- Had seven catches for 115 yards and two TDs against Tennessee.