Courtesy of the Southeastern Conference
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-11 • 235 • Jr. • Natchez, Miss.
• Ridley rushed for 123 yards on 22 carries, including the game-winning 1-yard touchdown run in LSU’s 16-14 win over Tennessee.
• Ridley also had two catches for seven yards against the Vols.
• It was his second straight 100-yard rushing effort, becoming the first Tiger to do that since Charles Scott in 2008. It was also his third 100-yard rushing game of the season.
• Ridley had 22 of LSU’s 36 rushing carries and had only one lost yardage play (one-yard loss).
• He recorded a rushing touchdown for the fourth straight game and is averaging an SEC-best 111.4 yards per game this season.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 263 • Jr. • Eufala, Ala.
• Upshaw recorded seven total tackles (five solos) with four for losses, a fumble recovery and two pass deflections in Alabama’s 31-6 win against Florida.
• All four tackles for loss came in the second and third quarters with three creating key situations for the Tide defense.
• The first TFL set up a third-and-long resulting in an interception, the second led to a three-and-out and the third came at the UA 5-yard line and eventually forced a UF field goal.
• He recovered fumble on a 2nd-and-goal play at the UA 1-yard line to end a scoring threat in the third quarter.
• The Tide defense held the Gators to 281 total yards, including 79 on the ground. In the first half, Florida had just 96 total yards and was 1-of-7 on third down.
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Return Specialist / Wide Receiver
5-10 • 165 • So. • Pine Bluff, Ark.
• Grandy accounted for 145 all-purpose yards, including a 73-yard punt return, in Ole Miss’ 42-35 win over Kentucky.
• His 73-yard punt return to the Kentucky seven-yard line late in the third quarter set up the Rebels final touchdown to give Ole Miss a 42-20 lead.
• He also had two kickoff returns for 39 yards, four rushes for 24 yards and a nine-yard pass reception.
• He now has had a return of 50+ yards in two straight games.
• Ole Miss leads the SEC in punt returns, with an average of 21.4 yards per return. Grandy has all five of Ole Miss’ punt returns this season.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 310 • Soph. • Atlanta, Ga.
• Warmack received the top grade on the Alabama offensive line in the Tide’s 31-6 win against Florida.
• Warmack allowed no sacks, no pressures and had no missed assignments and no penalties against the Gators.
• He had key blocks on both Mark Ingram TD runs against Florida.
• The Tide offense did not have a turnover and was 4-for-4 in the redzone with three touchdowns and a field goal.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 298 • Jr. • Mobile, Ala.
• Fairley accounted for four total tackles (three solos) with three coming for losses, including a sack in Auburn’s 52-3 win against Louisiana-Monroe.
• His three tackles for loss were for minus 16 yards, with the sack being an eight-yard loss.
• The Tiger defense held toe Warhawks to just 38 rushing yards on 33 attempts. The longest rush for ULM on the day was nine yards.
• For the season, Fairley has 22 total tackles (12 solos)with an SEC-leading 11.5 for losses (-46 yards), including an SEC-best five sacks (-30 yards).
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
5-10 • 190 • Greenville, Miss.
• Perkins rushed for 48 yards on 10 carries and a touchdown in Mississippi State’s 49-16 win against Alcorn State.
• Perkins had a team-high 10 carries and also took direct snaps from center for the first time this season.
• His touchdown came on a two-yard run in the fourth quarter that gave the Bulldogs its final winning margin. It was also his first career score.
• On the same drive, Perkins had a season-high 30-yard run.
• For the season, Perkins has 152 rushing yards on 35 carries.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 5
WR EMORY BLAKE (Auburn) -- Had two catches for career-high 101 yards, including a school-record 94-yard TD reception, against Louisiana-Monroe.
P CHAS HENRY (Florida) -- Averaged 62.3 yards on three punts against Alabama, including a career-high 75 yarder. Two punts dropped inside the 20-yard line.
FL A.J. GREEN (Georgia) -- Caught seven passes for 119 yards and two touchdowns against Colorado, in his first game of the season.
PK CRAIG McINTOSH (Kentucky) -- Was 2-for-2 on field goals against Ole Miss, with kicks from 50-yards (career long) and 42 yards.
OT ALEX HURST (LSU) -- Played all 76 snaps and registered a team-high 10 knockdown blocks against Tennessee.
QB JEREMIAH MASOLI (Ole Miss) -- Accounted for four touchdowns (3 passing/1 rushing) and 133 yards of total offense against Kentucky.
KR/WR LEON BERRY (Mississippi State) -- Returned three kickoffs for 153 yards, including a 97-yarder for a touchdown, and caught three passes for 97 yards against Alcorn State.
RB TAUREN POOLE (Tennessee) -- Rushed for 109 yards on 24 carries and a touchdown against LSU.
QB LARRY SMITH (Vanderbilt) -- Completed 15-of-25 passes for 157 with two TDs and two interceptions and also led team in rushing with 64 yards on 13 carries against Connecticut.